[Ansteorra] When you become an oldtimer (was: Start/end of Period)

James Crouchet james at crouchet.com
Thu Sep 21 12:18:26 PDT 2006

Doré's rule of thumb for old timers:

You are an oldtimer when you have been there for more than half.

So, if your shire is 7 years old and you joined the SCA there 4 years
ago, you are now an oldtimer in your group but not in kingdom or the
SCA. If you joined the SCA in Ansteorra 20 years ago you are an oldtimer
in the kingdom but not the SCA.

Eventually there comes a time when "oldtimer" no longer refers to anyone
living.

Christian