[Ansteorra] Start/end of Period

Cisco Cividanes engtrktwo at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 21 12:33:39 PDT 2006

Well, I, for one, would apreciate some clarification. Even if i dont agree with the time frame, it would finally set some solid guidelines about what we are representing.

Anyway, I too have noticed a shift, and frankly, it bothers me to an extent. Post 1600 and your seriously looking at the age of gunpower, and THAT was the major death tone for real life knights as central combatants on the field. Im not as opposed to pre-600 a.d. as I am post 1600 a.d., but I think that we are at  a point where some number needs to be extablished. As Rome was not a monarchy (well a good chunk of the time anyway) I personally have trouble rectifying it with the game with play. Greese is much the same for me, mainly because so much of our SCA nomenclature had no corisponding element (Knights, Squires, Barons/Baronies...)  What worries me is that in a decade, we may have segments of the known world playong cultures that are not only outside the origional scope of the sca, but the cultures themselves may be contrary to the SCA's goals.

Can't you just see the day a barony asks the BOD to allow them to reorganize their leadership into a Roman Senate type orginisation, there would be fur flying before the ink on the request letter had time to dry.

Ivo Blackhawk