[Ansteorra] first event

Jay Yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Fri Sep 22 10:07:04 PDT 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: ansteorra-bounces at lists.ansteorra.org
[mailto:ansteorra-bounces at lists.ansteorra.org] On Behalf Of
nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Sent: 2006 - September 22 - Friday 08:27
To: ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org
Subject: [Ansteorra] first event

My first event was a demo held in the Shire of Bear'sfort in 1974.  Then I
did some local get together's but my first BIG thing was Tourney of the Lost
Lands.  I cooked the King's lunch at that event , played chess with Sir
Randall von Nordlichwald (only he wasn't a knight then) and I remember
seeing Tivar there and his costuming was just fine only he wasn't Tivar
then.  I remember that we were told we have to wait until the King
(Pontius) talked to us before we could talk to him and we  had to stay about
10 feet away from him.  Later on, when I knew him better, he said he was sad
no one liked him and wanted to talk to him (LOL).

My costume was cotton but I caught fire from cooking so I only wore it once.

speaking of the way back machine .... remember randals helm crest (stock
item from the adult book & novelty store he was working in at the time.  by
the by. while going through VSS Sean's pic's during packing for a move,
found pics from this time ... including a few of yourself - in glorious
black & white (g)

the carpet armour from that time became bedding in my last generation
wolf-hybrids winter den, the leather scale corlet got tossed *years* ago,
and the freon can went up on the rifle range as target at friends place
(still there)

'wolf
.. old enough to remember the black & white era