[Ansteorra] first event

Susan Delk ladydds at verizon.net
Fri Sep 22 10:15:55 PDT 2006

My first event was exactly 10 years ago this weekend.  It was (and is
tomorrow) Elfesa Defender.  The soon-to-be Baronness Xene chose me to be her
first lady-in-waiting, so I spent all day of my first event helping her get
ready for the elevation.  I remember I went to bed that night with quarter
sized blisters on my feet but a smile on my face... I'll never forget Court
that night...Llewellyn looking like he just stepped out of a painting of an
Elizabethan courtier, and Xene looking like Theodora in the Byzantine
mosiacs.  It was magical.  I was hooked from that moment on.

My first Coronation was the first Coronation of Mahdi and Valeria.
Everybody was talking about how cool it was going to be to have a Sultan.
It was my honor nine years later to autocrat the second Coronation of Mahdi
and Valeria this past January.

Getting all misty here...

Genevieve del Gamba