[Ansteorra] First Event

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 22 10:42:26 PDT 2006

My first event was Hector and Rowan's Second Coronation at the old Pasadena site that Stargate
used to use for Yule Revel - back in Jan. 1988.  My second was a camping event, Squires and Cadets
out at Jelleystone Park near Prairie View - camping under the organized row of pine trees on pine
nettles was very comfortable - and I ended up running the Points Accumulation table with Kathri de
Feltre, when the coordinator got ill.  Bran de Trintrek and Elissena de Bayonne were Stargate B&B.

I will also say I was active with a really great Newcomers 'Household' of 6-8 meetings, and our
hosts held weekly meetings with guest speakers on all subjects SCA, and then ended with our
'graduation' at our first event together - Karl and Kasilda of Stargate were great hosts!

Karl mentioned the other day that out of the number of years that he and Kasilda hosted Newcomer
Households; produced some 34 Peers and Nobility of Ansteorra today, from those many newcomers so
many years ago - quite the accomplishment.

Hillary Greenslade