[Ansteorra] history of SCA placenames

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Sep 24 23:07:09 PDT 2006

On Sep 22, 2006, at 1:16 AM, Robert Fitzmorgan wrote:
>      My first event was the High Nord Invitational in Nord as Das
> Strom
> (later changed to Northkeep) in October 1985.
>      Somewhere I have pictures of myself marshaling the first
> tournament I
> ever saw.
>
> Robert

Nord? Nord -> Northkeep?

I don't think I've heard about that before. Did "Nord" get turned
down by the heralds? Or did the populace just decide to change the
name? Someone want to tell me the story of this for my Florilegium
placenames-msg file?

For that matter, I'd love to hear the history behind any SCA
placenames which *aren't* already in either of the Florilegium
placenames-msg files. It's often interesting to hear how the various
SCA placenames came about. Or what they were supposed to mean. ie:
See the entries for Bryn Gwlad in the files.

Thanks,
Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas