[Ansteorra] First Event

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Sep 25 16:55:13 PDT 2006

Sir Burke wrote:

> I still remember vividly the final
> court of Simonn and Tessa as Prince and Princess.  Their subsequent
> stepping down and execution.  The funeral procession with their black
> clad bodies raised on platforms carried by mourners.

Oh! The death of the Crown at the end of their reign is a tradition
in many kingdoms. I hadn't realized that Ansteorra had ever done this.

For those who might be interested in the various ways that other
kingdoms have killed off their Royalty,  sometimes in great
theatrics, sometimes with close to disaster, see this file in the SCA-
STORIES section of the Florilegium:

royal-deaths-msg  (35K)  7/24/05    Stories of the best SCA royal
deaths.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/STORIES/royal-deaths-msg.html

Have there been any other royal deaths in Ansteorra at the end of a
reign?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas