[Ansteorra] Ansteorran History "Did You Know?"

Elisabeth B. Zakes kitharis at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 17:53:10 PDT 2006

Actually, the Order of the Cavaliers of the SCA (CSCA) was a
Principality of Ansteorra order to recognise excellence in rapier, and
IT was the first official recognition. It had exactly one member --
created on 10 March, A.S. XIV (1979) -- and was transformed into the
Kingdom of Ansteorra's Order of the White Scarf by, I believe, Lloyd I
and Joycelyn I, and later made into a polling order by one of the
Inmans. Since the insignia of the CSCA was a white scarf worn about
the left shoulder, the first white scarf ever worn was in the Kingdom
of Atenveldt. :)

Aethelyan Moondragon
Bryn Gwlad