[Ansteorra] First event stories

Cheri Hodek texastornado_50 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 25 18:29:49 PDT 2006

Our first event was a Namron Protectorate. Our son was attending OU and we wanted to check out what he had "gotten himself into" with this group of people he was spending all of his weekend with. I made the "poly beast garb" for both of us and we loaded up. Now to say we traveled to Camp Cimmaron in rain would be an understatement, deluge was the word that comes to mind. Listening to husband stating I had to be out of my mind and that he did not see me sleeping into a tent, we managed to lose our guide in OKC. We luckily found him again and made our way to site. In the rain my husband and son erected our pup tent (the last time I ever slept in it) under the pavilion and moved it to were space had been set aside for us.

  Morning arrives and after enjoying a breakfast invitation, off goes my hubby to see what was what. All day long he keeps coming and interrupting my conversations with "You have got to come see this" and dragging me to the list field and to the main hall to see the lovely "crafts" on display. Do realize that at this time we were newbies. The group that took us under wing that weekend took time to make us not only feel comfortable about our sons weekends, but talked to us about the SCA. With my husband's intrest we decided to "see if we would have fun" and to check out the local group in our area. Eldern Hills has become family and we enjoy ever group we get a chance to visit with. All the friends we have made kingdom wide have enriched us.

  Muirenn and Gunnarr

Humility is not thinking less of you, but of you less