[Ansteorra] Telling someone that what they are doing is not period

Martha Elliff polera001 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 15 07:10:19 PDT 2006

Some local members took me to my first event.  Since they had found that I
did needlework, they asked me to bring some pieces for display.  The
gracious lady who judged my cross stitch pieces never used the words "not
period".  She simply wrote that she would "like to see those gorgeous
designs worked on linens that would grace the kingdom with beauty".  She did
an amazing job of getting her point across without making me feel inferior.

Rosalinda