[Ansteorra] Telling someone that what they are doing isnotperiod

Chass Brown chass at allegiance.tv
Fri Sep 15 09:36:50 PDT 2006

I have actually helped all the newcomers I have introduced to the SCA
with basic Garb class. I tell them until you have done research, decided
which time frame and region you wish to recreate, basic is the way to
go. I would almost bet most of us have horror stories of someone who has
tried to play period police. Mine was a lady who came into my encampment
to tell me my wheelchair wasn’t period and it was ruining her Ambiance
and feel for the event, and that if I couldn’t get around without it I
should just stay home. I have since then done research and found that
wheelchairs are actually period (just not this style it’s a powerchair
lol). We hope to get started in our Barony a program of Adopt a peer,
where the peers would pick a child/teenager as a protégé and get them
involved.

Chass Brown A.K.A.
Charinthalis Del Sans of the portable chariot.
Honorable Recruiter of the House of the Red Shark.
Rear Admiral Northern Region Ansteorran Royal Navy -      Ship the
Red  Shark.  Muddeler of Mead