[Ansteorra] Good idea Let us share info

elizabeth at crouchet.com elizabeth at crouchet.com
Fri Sep 15 10:17:01 PDT 2006

On 15 Sep 2006 at 12:49, Troop0341 at aol.com wrote:

Are  we
> here to enjoy
> ourselves with the events and companionship, or are we here
> "working" at
> being "living historians"?  Are we trying to bring back the  best of
> the past, or
> re-create ALL of it?   The name of our  "family" is the Society for
> CREATIVE
> Anachronism...   isn't it?   Personally, I would love to have the
> proper garb,
> armor etc for my persona, but  until my funds are able to match my
> desires, I
> must do with what I can with what  I have...   When what we do for
> fun becomes
> work, why bother???
>                                            With Respect to All,
> Iain MacKay

I used to be here just for fun but I have come to love the pursuit of living historian.

I do know that I have fun at events.

I do know that at SCA events, if I make something new and have not got it right yet, it is still acceptable and even welcomed.

Everything I do is a work in progress. I do not get the impression from other living history groups that "not right yet" is ever
acceptable in clothing so I prefer to play test it all among my friends. If you ever want to know what is "wrong" with my garb and
what is right, just ask. If I have figured it out I will gladly share my experiences.

What YOU want to do is just as valid, if you are making a sincere attempt to fit in to a time and place. How far you go and how
fast is also up to you. I love watching those journeys.

For some it is clothing for others it is culture or attitude or scholarship. For example, stick in your basic T-tunic but perform a
researched and original Italian Sonnet sometime, disparit as it may be, and I will still be inspired by you and your journey, too.

Claire