[Ansteorra] Walkie-Talkiers and Cell Phones

Deirdre ladydeirdre at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 18 17:53:36 PDT 2006

Hm Sometimes that is somewhat difficult - I decided to attend Lilies War
this summer, and left my shop in the hands of my assistent - who, halfway
thru the week, was attacked by a customer - It was a bit of an emergency
that I needed to know about. My mother who is recovering from leukemia ended
up keeping the shop open until I got home, and my assistent is fine - but I
could not have left home with no form of immediate communication.
I kept the volume down, stayed away from people when I was on my cell phone,
and apologized all over the place for the mundanity. We also received
weather reports from a concerned mom - which saved at least one tent, thanks
to the cell phones.

Deirdre