[Ansteorra] period on a budget

Jean Paul de Sens jeanpauldesens at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 09:23:39 PDT 2006

John, another thing to do (along with others suggestion for feast) is to
offer your strong back up for work in exchange for site fee, or garb, or
anything.  I know that many of us have more stuff than we'd like to carry,
and would gladly pay the site fee for an enthusiastic young college student
in exchange for setting up camp... it's usually only an hour or two of work,
and then you get to play around the whole rest of the weekend.   My wife and
I have done other things too like paying for one nice young lady's site fee
and food at Lilies in exchange for helping us wrangle Piemur during that
event... not only did she get to go to the event and get fed,  but she also
got a lot of good exercise trying to keep our Rottie out of trouble :)

JP

On 9/19/06, john fry <jefisme03 at gmail.com> wrote:

> ok I've been reading along with your period not period posts, and now I
> want
> to know how do you go period on a budget. I'm a current student with
> limited
> amounts of money to spend on garb, but I still want to go to an event or
> two
> when I have a chance, without being slapped around by the period nazis.

I want to fight and to strive, to vie with my opponents and friends, and at
the end of the day cry out "ENOUGH!!! For I can lift my arms no longer"

That is what is good in life.