[Ansteorra] Sewing question while we are on the topic of authenticity

Susan catmafia at hughes.net
Wed Sep 20 13:11:10 PDT 2006

Genie Barrett wrote:

>I don't know anything about Kass's pattern, but you might use this
>site.  I do, and really like the results:
>
>http://sca-garb.freeservers.com/articles/cotehardie.html
>
>About halfway down the page, she has some drawings of how to do it on
>a sewing machine.

Thank you, this was just what I was needing.

>I cannot help you here.  Some one else can, though.  I'm still trying
>to figure that one out myself.  GRIN
>My first guess, is to put the top of the V where your hips begin to
>swell out (just below the waist), but that's probably too high.
>
>Good Luck
>Maggie MacPherson

This is where I get confused, trying to keep strait all of the ones I
looked at.  In some ways it seems to me that the side gores did the best
job in putting in the width for the hips.  The V on the other hand gave
a very different fullness and look to the garment.  I probably just need
to sew in a v on some scrap fabric and then play with a mirror till I
figure out the right place.

Thanks so much,
Susan the Curious