[Ansteorra] Undergarments and stuff

Marc Carlson marccarlson20 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 20 17:58:49 PDT 2006

I'd like to thank folks who've offered suggestions on where to research this
topic, but honestly that wasn't what I was writing for earlier.  I've been
researching this topic for a long time now, so when I say that there aren't
any extant examples, I mean it.  All we have are pictures and guesses.

BTW, Michael, I suspect that the picture you are describing (folio 2v
"February") could be showing any number of things - particularly with the
peasant working in the field with his skirts tucked up and showing *his*
braes.  My take on it is that he's shed his undergarments to help get warm.

Marc/Diarmaid