[Ansteorra] Start/end of Period

Brandon McDermott brandonsmcd at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 21 15:43:51 PDT 2006

There are many groups dedicated to to reenacting very specific points in history, even specific places at a specific time. The Company of St. George, 21st Legion, Magnus Kompanie, Company of the Wolfe Argent etc. They are all wonderful groups with high standards, but they tend to only have 20-50 members at their height. We have tens of thousands of members and many more participants that even with our "set" time frame of 500ad to 1599ad....centered in Europe....with visitors from the east....and elsewhere, we will never have a truly cohesive look as a group. So if people stray outside of the line sometimes...so be it, my Lady looks wonderful in roman attire. But, I do agree that we should talk to our newcomers and tell,no show them what we are supposed to represent as a group. Help them research, teach them to sow, make armour, weave, speak, write, dance, and play in a more "period" way. So in short we all need to play by kinder garden rules: Play nice w/others, share, and
 If you color outside the lines a little, know your mom will put it on the fridge any ways.

  Lochlan

Jay Yeates <jyeates at realtime.net> wrote:
find a predominance of "early period" celts and norse. the late period
trend developed much later. looks like the pendulum is swinging back ...
maybe it will get interesting again.