[Ansteorra] First Event

Deirdre ladydeirdre at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 21 21:14:29 PDT 2006

My first event was a little one called '1066: What if the Vikings had won?'
in early May 1990, just outside al-Barran in the Outlands. I don't remember
much of the event - it was pretty over-whelming. My second event was Grand
Outlandish!
However, my very first exposure to the SCA was fighter practice on Easter
Sunday in al-Barran in 1990. There must have been 200 people in that park in
garb - it was the most incredible thing I'd ever seen - at that moment, my
life changed and the SCA has and will forever be a part of it.
My first Coronation was that of Michael and Mikela at the castle in
Muskogee - it was a very powerful event - watching a Court being dismantled
with quite sad.
Deirdre, who misses the innocence of those early days in al-Barran