[Ansteorra] First Event

Genie Barrett maggie.gene at justinanimator.com
Fri Sep 22 05:52:43 PDT 2006

At 07:36 AM 9/22/2006, you wrote:
>SNIP
>Looking back, I'm sure the majority of our
>clothes were painful newbie-attempts (I know
>*mine* was) and most of the armor was freon cans,
>hockey gloves and the like. The tents were *all*
>modern and I've been told that there was some
>nasty political infighting going on in the local
>group at that time. But I didn't notice any of
>that. As Lady Bicé said, "It was marvelous; I was captured heart and all."

My lord,

Thank you.  This story was an inspiration.  I
have always loved the SCA, and I was introduced
to it by a Shire that tore itself apart with, as
you put it, "some nasty political infighting".  I
never allowed myself to see it, and loved the
people on both "sides" of the argument.

Sometimes, we have to choose not to SEE and just BELIEVE.

Maggie MacPherson
Elfsea Bard
Who's first event was the first crown tournament
of Artemesia, and who's second was the first
coronation, where Mahadi and Valeria "the first" attended.
I wore a horrible polyester dress with wing
sleeves loaned by a friend.  I loved every minute of it.