[Ansteorra] What's happening here?

Lisa silvina at allegiance.tv
Fri Sep 22 06:14:53 PDT 2006

*snip*
> okay I'll bite on this one. Because Ren Faire requires *NO* amount of
> responsibility from the patrons other than a one-time large outlay of
cash.

*snip*

This would be accurate, but many of the people asking this question of me
were individuals who were both SCA active and the paid entertainers for the
Ren Faires.  They were enjoying themselves more being paid entertainers (not
for the money, which isn't as good as everyone thinks) than they were at
events or even their local group meetings and get togethers.  The reasons
they cited are the same as the reasons I brought up.

And in response to a previous response to my rant... Yes, a portion of what
I complained about is group mechanics and politics, although I don't
consider a barony a small group, nor extremely large lists.

Elizabeta