[Ansteorra] What's happening here?

Chass Brown chass at allegiance.tv
Sat Sep 23 00:49:53 PDT 2006

     Actually you know very little as to what she was responding to. She
was responding to things going on, on several lists and in our local
group as well. We just had a Brass hat race and well...... it ended as
most do. Someone wanted to have a girls only sewing night and someone
blew that out of proportion (though he had a good thought as to why and
try to keep someone from screaming discrimination). The Period garb on a
budget thread going astray was just one of the things she hit on. If you
feel your toes were stepped upon then step back lol. She is as blunt as
I am and if it had been directed towards you she would have named you
trust me :). She was not comparing apples to orchards as you say. Time
and again many new/young players are scared off by one thing or another.
Either by the bickering and backstabbing, the brown nosing crowd, the
cliques, the Mavens, etc.
     What she said about Authenticity was said by a few others but yet
you single out my lady. It is true Authenticity is aspired at different
levels. I know someone who has played for 15 years and still has not
registered a name, picked a time frame, etc. Authenticity is good, but
if your going to talk to someone about it show some compassion,
understanding and a TAD of tact. I as many others on here have seen a
maven or 2 and yes they are few and far between but we all remember them
when we are nailed by them. Most of her Frustration in this post was
over how things in our Barony have degenerated over this stupid brass
hat race.
     Poloticing will happen, that is understood as long as someone
thinks they can gain and lord something over someone else it will
happen. Something most keep forgetting.. this is a game. If it was
strict Recreation then Knights would be made for all kinds of reasons
not just fighting, as well as a host of other things we have "Chosen" to
change about the time period.
     Before you jump on the flaming band wagon think. There was nothing
Malicious in my email nor spiteful. I was explaining why her words were
so strong and enlightening you to more of the situation.

Chass Brown A.K.A. Charinthalis Del Sans of the portable chariot.
Honorable Recruiter of the House of the Red Shark.
Rear Admiral Northern Region Ansteorran Royal Navy - Ship the
Red  Shark.  Muddeler of Mead - Namron Brewing Champion 2006