[Ansteorra] Stolen from the Ealdomerian Lexicon

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 23 21:54:06 PDT 2006

Because the first two terms that people
think of in regard to people who
like and try to do period stuff are
 "period police" and "period nazi"...

By using the negative terms those people
 are excluding themselves...they're putting
 a negative emotion on "period stuff" in their
 minds...and they're pushing away those
 people who like and work toward being
more period.

Period Maven just doesn't come to mind
for most people.

and they can't seem to come up with
a better term...

either someone does SCA acceptible
or they are a Period Nazi

And I'm really getting tired of it...

If I give them an alternative...then
hopefully I won't hear or see those two
terms as much...

LDeerSlayer

Marc Carlson <marccarlson20 at hotmail.com> wrote: >L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
>I stumbled upon the Ealdomere Lexicon...and found a possibly useful term
>for our kingdom...
>I know many people who make their own attempt at "as period as they can be"
>without being "period police"....and mybe this might be an easier way to
>describe them:
>Just So (slang): People who are Just So are those who like to have very
>historically accurate garb >and/or armour. They are not necessarily
>Authenticity Nazis.

I'm a little vague on why we need or even want to have such a term.
Labeling people isn't really a way to be all that inclusive, is it?

Some people like to be as period as they can be, some people aren't that
interested in such things.  No big deal.

Marc/Diarmaid