[Ansteorra] What's happening here?

Judie Willey littledragon0861 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 10:11:45 PDT 2006

I know several, not in this kingdom , who only play for the 'cookies'  as a
matter of fact I know one who made no bones aout the fact that she wanted to
be Baroness "because of all the gifts people have to give her.

For many years, iplayed " behind the scenes", but I fgot bored with that and
have become a rather 'visable" entity...not for the "cookies" but because I
saw a of of people who were visable, doing things that made others fell
uncomfortable or like they werent wanted.
My biggest goal is to make people feel as though they belong.

OH btw, my fav cookie is macadamia chip:)
Hadassah

On 9/24/06, Sunny Briscoe <sunnyday72 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, I think I know someone who only plays for the cookies.  They make
> moderately cool stuff and go to events to show it off for the complements.
> They don't teach, they don't compete, and they don't display.  In short,
> they don't give of themselves, they expect people to give to them just
> because they did something shiny.  They have made comments about how upset
> they will be if others get awards before they do, but they never seem to
> understand that they have to do the work to earn the awards.  It makes it
> very difficult to be around those sorts of people.  I do have friends who
> work very hard at a lot of things, and give a lot of themselves to the SCA
> because they are doing what they love.  Sometimes they do what they don't
> love, but what needs to be done because it makes the game better for
> everyone involved.  They don't always get the awards they want, but they
> do
> what they love anyway, and those people are a joy to be around.
>
> Elisabetta Morosini
>
> On 9/24/06, Morgan Buchanan <morganbuchanan at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> > Every time I hear this type of statement, I think several things...
> >
> > One:  Can anyone actually introduce me to someone who ONLY plays for the
> > cookies?  I'm not talking about giving me an opinion of someone that one
> > THINKS "only plays for the cookies" but actually someone who's willing
> > state, "Yeah, this medieval crud is annoying...I just want the
> awards."  I
> > mean really.
> > [snip]
>

> Morgan