[Ansteorra] "what was your first event"

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Sep 24 20:36:30 PDT 2006

On Sep 23, 2006, at 8:53 PM, Judie Willey wrote:

> MIne was the first queens Champion in CAID...sorry I wont say how
> long ago
> lol...
> My sister-in-law thought it would be funny to give me a cloved
> lemon and
> have me offer it to the King.
> Talk about embarrassing.
>
> Our first event in Ansteorra, other than populace was last years
> Steppes
> Artisan...how far we have come in this society from the days of
> freone (sp)
> helms and carpet armor.
>
> Hadassah

Oh my. It's been a long time since I've seen a cloved fruit of any
kind in Ansteorra and that game.

For those who have no idea what this cloved lemon game is, and for
others who wonder where it ever came from, see this file in the
ENTERTAINMENT section of the Florilegium. Included is an apology from
one of the two ladies who invented the game.

cloved-fruit-msg  (13K)  9/29/99    Period cloved fruit. Origin of
the SCA game.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/ENTERTAINMENT/cloved-fruit-msg.html

Hmmm. Maybe we ought to bring this back. But, ah, not in Bjornsborg.
I can only buy so many fruit. :-)

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas