[Ansteorra] history of SCA placenames

faolon faolon at plaiddragon.net
Mon Sep 25 06:55:00 PDT 2006

Ok I actually have a question for anyone who remembers.
See, when I first started out in the SCA Trelac had a different name and I was
wondering if anyone new what the other name was?
Now as I remember (and my memory is sometimes based on bad information.)
the "active" shire was being disbanded for reasons I never quite knew, but
people in the region still wanted a shire there and some moved to San Angelo
and thus Trelac was born.
Now at the time this was happening myself and a friend joined the SCA but mostly played
seperately from the shire so the full story was never really brought to light.

Can anyone help? This was around '88 or '89 time frame.

Faolon