[Ansteorra] Odd question reguarding persona development

Marc Carlson marccarlson20 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 26 20:04:04 PDT 2006

>Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com ...The assumption is that
>everyone is of gentle birth, however, that  doesn't mean you can't play a
>serf, a peasant, a merchant or a  tradesman if you wish. If you choose a
>lower class as that of your  persona, it can set up some conflicts you have
>to work around. For  instance, as a non-gentle, how do you handle getting
>an Award of  Arms? One of the best, and funniest, that I can think of is
>how Leon  Donne, as a yeoman archer, did so. It is detailed in one of the
>Florilegium persona files....

Just to be clear, "Noble" and "Gentle" aren't always synonymous (in fact
they ceased to be by the 1500s).  Gentlefolk can have arms.  The right to
bear arms is one of the things that makes them gentle.

I am a gentleman, I am not a "lord" (and while I have certain duties and
obligations as a peer of the SCA, they do not differ significantly from
those of a guildmaster, or a Master of Arts).

Marc/Diarmaid