[Ansteorra] First Event

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 04:51:28 PDT 2006

At 09:31 PM 9/27/2006, you wrote:
>Sweetie, what a child.
>
>My first, I believe was a Bryn Gwald event... Perhaps CandelMas 1976??  I've
>probably killed that brain cell.
>
>I do remember me and Michael Mirrialogos (please forgive the spelling)  Both
>had our fist public fight.  They were MOST kind, as I remember.  But, what
>can I say, that was 30 years ago.  Michael...you still out there????
>
>Gilli

Since I happen to have a stack of early "Black Stars" sitting next to
the computer at the moment, <G> I did a bit of digging.

Bryn Gwlad's first Candlemas was in February of AS 12 (1978.) That
was the one where the revel was held in the Zilker park clubhouse and
the fighting was in a small clearing on a trail about halfway down
the hill. Does that sound familiar?

While researching, I came across a letter from you in the January AS
13 "Black Star", saying that you were stationed in Germany and were
working on getting an SCA group going there.

         -Tivar Moondragon