[Ansteorra] Was first event and peerage impressions

Naima ladywolf89 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 28 16:39:29 PDT 2006

someone mentioned first events so here's mine;

My first event was Coronation in Artemisia for HE
Rynmar and his lovely queen Albreda.  I remember this
distinctly because I had this "great" indian outfit I
thought would be perfect along with my "basic" garb
somehow I happened to make look kinda sorta middle
easternish.  Well...I had this great big stain on my
garb and was just in tears and horrified that I had
not noticed before..Mistress Baroness (or is that the
other way around? lol) Shauna of Carrick point, my
first contact in the SCA had taken me under her wing,
introduced me to Mu'allimah Sheika (again the other
way around probably) Jadi who was merchanting her
lovely persian and middle eastern wares, Jadi had one
outfit that I immediately purchased and put on. To
this day I still have that same outfit I wear
occasionally and it's to this day..that my view of
Peers vary person to person because there are still
those out there who do care :).

Now my very next event was Crown Tourney..didn't know
what I was doing, first time I shot, and got
interested in being an archer, wore that gorgeous red
outfit for court adn had purchased this very nice
Sailors tunic that keeps you warm on a chilly winter
night (you need to be from the north to understand
this lol) so anyhow i mentioned I didn't know who I
was supposed to cheer for, so I cheered for the cute
middle eastern knight who won the tourney, HE Qayid
Ibrahim.

done prattling back to my history research lol
Naima

Sayyida Naima bint Rashid al-Andalusiyya, CGP
Historian
Barony of Bjornsborg
Those who live by the sword, get shot by those who don't!