[Ansteorra] The Gentlemen's Turn

Michael Silverhands silverhands at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 29 13:03:01 PDT 2006

On Sep 29, 2006, at 2:38 PM, <aoife at cableone.net>
<aoife at cableone.net> wrote:

> We have heard a great deal about Chivalry, Honor and what we ladies
> expect from our
> 'Knights In Shining Armor' (be they the 'belted' variety or no).
> I think it is time THEY had their say about what they expect of us
> ladies!
>
> We ladies are not exempt from SCA 'ideals'.  I've run across
> everything from
> 'wenches' to 'Grand Dames' and every permutation in-be-tween.
>
> Gentlemen?
>
> Aoife

Simply this, my lady:

Honor us, and inspire us to be worthy of the honor you give us.

Whether it be by steadfast love and beauty, or hard work, or
beautiful arts, or grace and prowess upon the field, or deadly danger
to those who threaten your kin -- or all of those, as exemplified by
those such as Her Grace Rowan, Queen by Right of Arms -- inspire us,
love us, honor us, and move us to honor, love and inspire you in return.

"Now the Ansteorran ladies will make ye lovely wives,
But check their skirts and bodices, they always carry knives
They say their iron mongery, their beauty will not mar.
They’ll thrill you or they’ll kill you at the rising of the Star.
Oh the rising of the Star, oh the rising of the Star.
They’ll thrill you or they’ll kill you at the rising of the Star."

Michael Silverhands