[Ansteorra] the thought that counts WAS:Re: shineing armor

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Sep 29 14:48:45 PDT 2006

On Sep 29, 2006, at 2:41 PM, Adrienne R. Ferrell wrote:
> It's not the number of roses, it really is the thought that
> counts.  Giving
> someone flowers, says "I was thinking of you and I thought these would
> please you"   It doesn't have to be flowers, it could be anything
> you know
> would please that person.  This goes for both genders.
>
> Many of the best gifts are those that took the giver a lot of time,
> either
> to make or to find.  That says to the receiver "you were on my mind
> for a
> long time and are worth my time"
>
> Knowing what gift the other person would enjoy is a gift in itself, it
> shows the other person that you pay attention to their interest/or
> needs.
>
> sincerely,
> Seraphina

Perhaps folks might find these files in the SCA-STORIES section of
the Florilegium to be useful or inspiring:

romance-today-msg (12K)  4/13/00    Romantic ideas from period to use
today.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/STORIES/romance-today-msg.html
SCA-romance-msg   (40K)  2/13/06    SCA romances and meeting SOs in
the SCA.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/STORIES/SCA-romance-msg.html

Of course, I'm always looking for additional material for these
files. hint, hint.. :-)

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas