[Ansteorra] Ansteorran Ladies (was: The Gentlemen's Turn)

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 19:53:35 PDT 2006

At 03:20 PM 9/29/2006, you wrote:

>On 9/29/06, Michael Silverhands <silverhands at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> > "Now the Ansteorran ladies will make ye lovely wives,
> > But check their skirts and bodices, they always carry knives
> > They say their iron mongery, their beauty will not mar.
> > They'll thrill you or they'll kill you at the rising of the Star.
> > Oh the rising of the Star, oh the rising of the Star.
> > They'll thrill you or they'll kill you at the rising of the Star."
> >
> > Michael Silverhands
>
>Okay, new trivia question: who wrote the above lyrics?

That verse was originally written by Sir Balthazar of Endor, back
around the time we were trying to decide how to spell Ansteorra.

"The bards of Ansteorra strive for authenticity,
By singing Irish drinking songs of the 19th century.
They're cunning and they're clever, but they've gone a bit too far,
When "The Rising of the Moon became "The Rising of the Star."

         -Tivar Moondragon