[Ansteorra] Steppes Warlord Tournament Format

Mike meggiddo at netzero.net
Wed Apr 4 17:32:15 PDT 2007

Heilsa,

If you received this message more than once, my apologies.

I come before you on behalf of the Barony of the Steppes, in very short
time, a gathering of the populous of this great Kingdom will meet and
enter into a Tournament to determine the next Warlord of Steppes. A
number of suggestions have be made on improving Warlord and perhaps you
have read or heard some of those suggestions. There is not much that I
can do in the majority of the areas, except within the confines of my
office as the Steppes Knight Marshal - there will be MORE schedule
Fighting this year at the Tournament.

The intent of this missive is draw attention that there will be more
schedule fighting at Warlord this year, yes I repeated myself. Because
it is worth while to do so. The sole intent here is provide more
opportunities with the Warlord Tournament to encompass all levels of
fighters, the emphasis upon the lower rank fighters, i.e., those who are
not a Knight or a Centurion or a Sable Talon.

To reach that goal the following format was discussed and reached last
year, 2006, and I fully agree and hope all of you do as well. There will
be four (4) levels of fighting, which is based upon the various
Chivalric fighting awards in this great kingdom of Ansteorra.
The three (3) awards:
Knighthood
Centurion
Sable Talon
and the fourth (4th) level - everyone who does NOT hold the any of the
above. And will use the same rules as in the OP - the highest level will
determine the minimum level that one can enter.

Level One (1) - the normal Warlord Tournament - everyone welcome to
enter this level and fight for the goal of the being the next Steppes
Warlord. This will be a double elimination, just as it always have been.

Level Two (2) - Centurion rank or lower. Everyone who holds the rank of
Centurion or lower are welcome to enter. This level (2) will be single
elimination.

Level Three (3) - Sable Talon or lower. Everyone who holds a Sable Talon
or lower are welcome to enter. This level (3) will be single elimination.

Level Four (4) - Non-rank. Everyone who have not received any of the
above 3 fighting awards are welcome to enter. This level (4) will be
single elimination.

The minimum number of fights that a non-rank individual will experience
is 5, instead of the normal 2 as in years past.

The increase levels or numbers of opportunities to promote fighting has
also increase the need for more good gentles to step forward assist in
Marshaling this tournament.

I am seeking volunteers to assist me in this effort to promote and
increase Chivalric fighting in this great kingdom of ours. If you wish
to assist in Marshaling, please reply.

YIS,

Ld Michael Kettering
Steppes Knight Marshal