[Ansteorra] Promises, Promises

David Backlin edrei at smythkepe.org
Mon Apr 9 07:54:00 PDT 2007

I promise: this is the last you will hear from me (at least regarding this year's Cracked Anvil).  I know you'll be working on those pesky Income Taxes this week, so take a break and come to Smythkepe's Cracked Anvil. We've expanded our event to include a full weekend of activities We've recently updated our class listings, so be sure to check those out on the webpage (www.smythkepe.org/cracked.htm ). A few of the classes we're offering include: 30 Minute Buttons, History of Stained Glass, Pattern Drafting, Beginning Inkle Weaving, Pewter Casting and more!

Heavy Weapons activities include Bottle Jousting, a Greatsword Tourney and a Loot Tourney. Forgot your loot? We'll have merchants available on site ;-)

Rapier activites include a Pas d'Arms,  a Snowball Tourney and the Smythkepe Rapier Champion Tourney.

Arts & Sciences activities include: Open Static Competitions and a Kingdom Regalia Competiton.

We'd also like to announce the return of the Smythkepe Triathlon: 3 person teams compete in various SCA diciplines for a chance at worldly fame and fortune (or at least, a cart full of loot).

Our Feast Steward, Lord James Cooke the Sinister,  promises a feast you'll not soon forget featuring: smoked brisket, smoked pork with apple jelly, carrot pudding, oat bread,  alphabet meatball soup, and more.

The Feast Steward respectfully requests you bring your feastgear as *NO*  "dispoasable" feastgear will be available. Washing stations will be set-up after each meal to assist you in cleaning up.

Site fees are as follows:
Full weekend: Adult: $19   Children under 12 $15   Off-board (NO Feast) $10
Daytrip: Adult $15 (Deduct $5 for Off Board/No Feast)   Children under 12 $15
Non-SCA members please add $3

***Cash only at the door, please!***

Limited cabin space is available for up to 95 people, but there is plenty of tenting space available.

So where is all this happening? At Shoal Creek Methodist Youth Camp near New Blaine, AR (approximately 19 miles west of Dardanelle). How do you get there?

>From West (Beinntheine, Ansteorra):
Take your best route to I-40, exit 55 (US 64 / Arkansas 109 Clarksville/Scranton)
Turn West on US 64 and go 1 Mile to AR 109
Turn Left (South) on Hwy 109 and go approx 13 miles to Arkansas Hwy 22 at Midway
Turn Left (East) on Hwy 22 and go 3 miles to Methodist Youth Camp Road
Turn Right (South) on Methodist Youth Camp Road and follow signs to site

>From East (Small Gray Bear, Grey Niche)
Take your best route to I-40, exit 81 ( Arkansas 7 Russellville)
Turn south on AR 7 and follow 8 Miles to AR 22 at Dardanelle
Turn Right (West) on AR 22 and go 19 miles to Methodist Youth Camp Road (on your left)

 A list of area hotels is available from our website: www.smythkepe.org/cracked.htm

This just in: there will be a Silent Auction all day Saturday to benefit the Smythkepe General Fund.

We've been working hard to bring this event to you and hope you will join us for this, our Tenth Cracked Anvil!