[Ansteorra] Crown Tournament Word Fame

AGILLILAN at swbell.net AGILLILAN at swbell.net
Tue Apr 10 10:45:27 PDT 2007

I would like to wholeheartedly thank the autocrat of
Crown Tournament, Baron Kainin, and all the members of
the Barony of Bonwicke that overcame the worst of
conditions and still managed to host an outstanding
event.

Their organizational skills shone brightly as we
arrived on site Friday evening to see the list field
already set up and rope on the ground outlining each
pavilion space that had been reserved for the
tournament. Due to their planning, we were able to
locate our spot and set up our pavilion in 20 minutes.

When I awoke Saturday morning to ice and snow on the
ground, I was afraid of what shape the fighting field
would be in. I was amazed once again when I arrived on
site and found that some kind and gentle soul had
covered the fields with tarps to try and keep them dry
and ice-free. The thoughtfulness of the people of
Bonwicke once again put me in awe.

As has been told here before, many of the day's events
were rescheduled and the locations were moved, but
Kainin and the populace of Bonwicke didn't miss a
step. Court was quickly set up in the hall and room
made for the processional.

Throughout the day, I continued to see off-the-cuff
changes in their planning for the event. It only took
a few rounds of offering "pickle-sicles" and frozen
oranges before they were offering coffee and hot
chocolate, even providing cups. A firepit and wood
appeared and a fire built next to the field for those
watching, and a "portable sun" was given to the use of
the Crown for warmth.

Even though the weather was not the best it could have
been, Bonwicke adapted and overcame all obstacles from
Mother Nature. Despite her best attempts, Kainin and
Bonwicke hosted a grand event that will be talked
about for many, many years to come.

My sincere thanks and appreciation for all you did to
prepare for a warm event, and all your quick actions
that overcame the surprises of a *very* cold event.
You all did an awesome job and I look forward to the
day I can visit your lands again.

HL Gilyan Clonmacnoise
Province of Mooneschadowe