[Ansteorra] SCA in the News, Vol. 1, Issue 14

Blair Frodelius blair at frodelius.com
Tue Apr 10 04:28:22 PDT 2007

_*SCA in the News: Volume 1, Issue 14 - March 24-April 10, 2007*__*
*_ _*
Students, Professors, Eat, Dress & Play Music Medieval Style
<http://www.newsadvance.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=LNA/MGArticle/LNA_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1173350447213&path=>*_
The News & Advance, Lynchburg, VA, USA
"I can run. I can jump. I can lay down and jump back up," he explained
of the activities he can do while wearing 70 pounds of chain and plate
mail. "I just can't swim."

_*SCA: Kobe NBA MVP
<http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/Abner%20Doubleplay/73192>*_
The Sporting News, USA
Kobe Bryant has been voted the NBA's Most Valuable Player by the
International Society of Creative Anachronism. The organization, which
studies and re-enacts European life of the Middle Ages, has never held
such a vote. In fact, the group boasts only a handful of people who've
ever heard of the NBA.

_*Shrektacular Day at Dreamworks
<http://iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2186&Itemid=99>*_
IESB.Net, USA
"We try to play with anachronism and use some very precise references to
medieval things but modernize them. In the school there is a snack
machine with a lever that works like a jackpot, and you get a big piece
of ham or barrel of ale."

*/_Fun link of the week_/**  Lord of the Peeps:
http://www.lordofthepeeps.com/lotp/fotp.html*

*/_Video of the week_/*  *Animated Bayeaux Tapestry**:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDaB-NNyM8o***
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aiaq_dFpviM>*
*
/SCA in the News courtesy of Gyles de Blair
<http://www.manor.frodelius.com>, //Barony of Delftwood
<http://www.delftwood.org/>, Kingdom of Aethlemearc
<http://www.aethelmearc.org>/