[Ansteorra] My Introduction into the SCA

Constance Elizabeth Campbell constance.e.campbell at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 13:48:23 PDT 2007

I first found out about the SCA when I was in college, and the local group
had a booth set up at my university's Student Activities Fair.  I was
interested, but also intimidated at the time/money committment, and the
authenticity requirements that were needed to participate (which was also a
vibe I got from people who did Ren-Faire back in Ohio).  I didn't have a car
on campus and the events and meetings weren't within walking distance from
campus.  So, I didn't join or go to any events because I didn't think I was
good enough, and I didn't think that people would be willing to teach or
help with a ride.  My Lord is the one who got me involved finally (8 years
later) when we were overseas.  I was interested in gaming, LARPING (I met my
Lord at a LARP).. My cousins were very active in Dagorhir (similar to
Ampgard), and I'd gone to events with them and had fun, too...  (Including
the event they held on their farm).

Constance
Steppes Hospitaler