[Ansteorra] Did you find your way to the SCA through a demo?

michael young uther42 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 16 13:12:45 PDT 2007

I saw a small demo my freshman year on the campus of Stephen F Austin State
(the Shire of Greywood), then the next Monday a woman in my english class
was talking about "this cool medieval fair" she went to the previous
weekend.  She dragged me out to a fighter practice where I saw more of these
nuts hitting each other with sticks.

Of course I had try it.

I got beat like an ugly step child, wore a silly grin on my face for a week
and have been playing ever since. (22+ years, OMG)

The demo was my first exposure, and I might not have gone to that 1st
fighter practice If I hadn't already seen some fighting at the demo.

Uther