[Ansteorra] Finding your way to the SCA....

Aline Swynbrook alineswynbrook at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 16 13:53:09 PDT 2007

I went to the Muskogee Castle Renaissance Festival in
1995, the very first year, in very very hot garb
refashioned out of an old 70's prom dress from
Renaissance Studies year in the G&T program at school.
(they held it in August back then).  On my way out, I
purchased Renaissance Magazine, #3, which had a great
article about the SCA in it.  I sent away for
information (my family didn't have the internet yet)
and joined with my babysitting money.  Made my first
meeting two years later (high school was a time
absorber), finally got active in college, and have
been playing quasi-actively for the last four.

Aline Swynbrook
Northern Ansteorra