[Ansteorra] Did you find your way to the SCA through a demo?

Ann Milliron gam at door.net
Mon Apr 16 17:22:51 PDT 2007

I was introduce to the SCA in 1986 at OU.  I had a study group in one of my
history classes, and was asked to go out to the Midfaire in May to see the
events.  I was hooked being a medieval history major and seeing LIVE
recreation of the time frame took me hook line and sinker.    To a great
error of mine I joined the Army and did not get to play until 1988 when I
moved to Roswell and met my husband Sir Max who was off to do a demo one
afternoon at the city library.  We had just met so I was not sure what he
was up to until I went up to see him at the library and figured out "Hey
wait you belong to the SCA"  There was not a group in Roswell at the time
just him.  Then I joined him and we moved.  But Roswell has a group there
now last I know of any way.  I started playing every since when monies,
health and mandane life allows.

HE Anastasiya

Sir Max on the other  hand before he meet me read about the group in the New
Mexico magazine about a group in Carlsbad.  He was a teenager at the time. I
think he told me he was 13-14 yrs old.  He could not make the hour trip from
Hobbs to Carlsbad so he did not get to do much until he moved to Lubbock for
College.  One of his co-workers/friends ask him to go out to a St Patty day
event.  That was a few months after the gaming group had been introduced to
Vallust and the SCA.  He joined right then on March 17th 1983.  He had
played every since when he can as well.