[Ansteorra] Spring Crown Tourney: Early Registration Cut-off approaches

David Backlin edrei at smythkepe.org
Tue Apr 24 08:12:29 PDT 2007

Good morning!

Just a quick note to let everyone know that the Early Registration deadline for Gleann Abhann's Spring Crown Tourney in Smythkepe (May 18-20) is this Saturday May 5th. After that, Adult pricing goes up $2.  If you know you'll be in attendance, send in your reservations this week and have an extra $2 for gas money ;)

As of this writing there are still a few cabins spaces left (first come, first served) and plenty of feast, both Above and Below the Salt.  Above the Salt will be served in the feast hall, Below the Salt in the site's picnic shelter (same food!!).  The feast menu will be posted later this week on our webpage: http://smythkepe.org/crown.htm  For those not wanting cabin space, there will be plenty of tenting space available. And if you choose not to partake of our wonderful feast, please remember: it's 15 miles to the nearest Pizza Hut ;)

Oh, and just to clear up a little confusion: the basic site fee includes Traveller's Fare Friday night, plus Breakfast and Lunch on Saturday.

Fees for Crown Tourney are: Adults: $19 ; Children under 12: $9 (deduct $6 for Off-board/No Feast)
Daytrip Rate: Adults: $16; Children under 12: $6

Pre-reserve discount: Adults deduct $2 if postmarked by May 5, 2007

Make checks payable to SCA Inc-Shire of Smythkepe and mail them to SCA-Smythkepe P.O. Box 5505 Fort Smith, AR 72913

I have also been asked to announce it will be cash only at the door.

Questions? Concerns? Please contact one of the following:

Event Steward: Ly Bridget O'Fallon (mka Cathy Simkins) 479-461-2677 (before 10pm please!) or csimkins at aafintl.com
Feast Steward: THL Frederick Alton (mka Fred Zeiler) 479-264-8065 or fzeiler at ar-digit.net
Reservationist: Bantiarna Morin ingen Ruairc (mka Joyce Zeiler) or jzeiler at ar-digit.net

Merchants welcome! Please contact THL Edrei the Quiet for information at edrei at smythkepe.org or 479-648-9377

This promises to be one of the largest Crown Tournaments in the brief history of Gleann Abhann and we look forward to seeing everyone as the Shire of Smythkepe presents the Kingdom of Gleann Abhann's 5th Crown Tournament.