[Ansteorra] good or bad events

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 18:09:16 PDT 2007

At 04:55 AM 4/29/2007, you wrote:
>A lot of people have mentioned long courts as something that have
>made people do come to events. . Events like Steppes 12Th night and
>Steppes Warlord are suppose to have very long court . Is this true?
>Does the Steppes or any other group have very long court? More than
>your home group? What is the average length of a court in your area?
>Does anyone know why the Steppes courts are so long??
>Being in the Steppes/Elfsea area I thought all courts in the kingdom
>were as long as ours.
>Even though Warlord get 600+ people at it a lot of people say they
>don't like the event. We are trying to fix the problems. Our future
>Baroness is leading a discussion on the issues at out next populace.
>If people could write me privately about things they like or did
>like about Warlord and Steppes 12 Th night and things that have
>turned them off the event. Even if has been the weather I will pass
>it on to our populace. Tell me if you want to put your name on the message.

Weather is the major reason why we don't go to Steppes Warlord. We've
managed to miss the bad floods, but the near-tornado seven years ago
was the final straw.

The reason we stopped going to Steppes Twelfth Night was because no
matter how large the hall was, it *always* seemed to be overcrowded.
If the hall could comfortably fit 300, 350 would show up. If the hall
could comfortably fit 500, 600 would show up. (The one exception was
the Twelfth Night at a hall on the State Fair grounds, where the only
place that had heat was the bathrooms. The rest of the hall was about
50 degrees all evening. That did *not* qualify as "an improvement."<G>)

         -Tivar Moondragon