[Ansteorra] Lamas Day is Coming!

Ascelyn of Glentewrde aislyn_glynwyrd_fen at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 10 06:43:50 PDT 2007

Their Excellencies of Elfsea invite one and all to;

A Lamas Day Tribute

August 17th -19th
Mustang Park, 3600 Winscott Plover Rd., Benbrook Lake, Ft Worth TX

Come join us for fun and frolic in our traditional Lamas Day tribute.
Lamas Day was held on August 1st and was a day for silliness and fun!

Activities:
Water Melees for Young and Old

Hobby horse races
Fun Noodle Joust
Gaming Pavilion
A Chinese Tile Road

Bread Tasting Contest & Foot Races (Traditional entertainment for Lamas Day)
Adults Only Slumber Party on the List Field

And a The King of Phooles Court!

Competitions:
For heavy and light lists we have the following:
Valhalla Circle of Death Torchlight Tourney
Snowball Melees
Archery with Various Targets
Our A&S competition will be Sumu noGeijutsu (living art)

The Bardic Competitions:
Firewalkers Competition
Most Outrageous Piece

Drink Making Competition:
Beer/Ale
Mead / Cordials
Favourite Household Concoctions

Silent Auction
Items needed for auction Friday night. Auction ends 10am Saturday so people
can use what they have purchased. We are looking for Gear for New Comers!

Classes

SCA101 –Papillion
Bardic Heckling -Master Darius
Beginning Spinning- Mistress Rosalia
Ansteorran History- Duchess Willow DeWisp

T-Tunic Construction (pm) – Ascelyn
Wood Block Prints – Roger Redhand
Basic Origami- Christine
Archery for Everyone (am) - Ascelyn

There will be a tavern run by Caravan of the Weeping Wolf

Please be advised the main gate closes at 10pm Friday all who arrive after
10 will have to leave your cars.  Site opens at 4pm Friday and closes 12
noon Sunday.

Site fee is $7 for adults; $5 children under 18; $3 surcharge for
non-members will apply. Minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
They may also attend with a 21 year old or older adult with signed and
notarized Minor Event Waiver from parents. More information may be found at
the website: http://lammasday.topcities.com/

Autocrat - Anistashia Rudrefer /Amber Cook 817-277-6107;
anistashiasaccents at hotmail.com
Co-Autocrat - Xue Xian-Xian; angelinblackink at yahoo.com
Autocrat in training Yagyu Masamori Nobunaga, 817-249-1423;
jakecurda at yahoo.com

Site location information:  Take your best route to I-20, Exit 377 South,
left on Hwy 1187 go 1.4 miles, left 1.4 miles, veer right 2.8 miles. Gate
straight ahead don’t follow the road to the right. You can find a map here:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&addtohistory=&address=%5b4478%2d4479%5d%20Winscott%20Plover%20Rd&city=Fort%20Worth&state=TX&zipcode=76126&country=US&geodiff=1

Yours In Service,

Ascelyn of Glentewrde
Seneschal, Barony of Elfsea &
Central Regional Missile Marshal
Per bend Sinister Gules and Or, a Unicorn Argent and a Rose Proper

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible
warning. -Catherine-