[Ansteorra] Looking for a Source

zubeydah at northkeep.org zubeydah at northkeep.org
Tue Aug 14 07:44:13 PDT 2007

Quoting Roberta Bucher <RBucher at dandp.com>:
> I'm trying to trace this quote that is used in Dorothy Dunnett's novel,
> The Disorderly Knights.  Can you help?
> "An it gaineth me no garland of green, but it ben of withies wrought."
> Regards,
> Roberta

While I can't speak to the source of the quote, I would like to chime in and
wholeheartedly recommend the Lymond Chronicles (of which, The Disorderly
Knights is one) by Dame Dorothy Dunnett.  They are, without exception, the
finest works I have ever read (And to say I am a voracious reader is to say
that the sun is bright. Books are my beloved refuge).

-Zubeydah