[Ansteorra] new Golden Scroll Deputy

Deanna della Penna estencele at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 13:27:43 PDT 2007

Greetings!

For several years, Countess Sara has been serving in the office of Golden
Scroll, and I'm very pleased to be her new deputy. :o)

The Golden Scroll office is dedicated to the filling of requests for
replacement charters. If you never received a charter with your award, or if
you lost yours through some extraordinary circumstance--- such as in a house
fire--- we can help. If you merely changed your name, don't like the color
scheme, or if maybe your armor bag *wasn't* the best way to transport it...
we're very sorry. :o)

Which awards are eligible? Kingdom-level non-armigerous, AoA-level, and
Grant-level awards for which we currently have charters.

Which awards are not eligible? Peerage, Royalty, and Lion scrolls; baronial
orders; ceremonial honors; other kingdoms' awards, and closed orders.

If you're not sure, please feel free to ask!

If you have a request, please email the following information to
golden_scroll at ansteorra.org :

* Your mundane name, mailing address, phone number.
* Your SCA name
* The name of the award, the date you received it, the location of the
event, and from which Crown?
* For Thistles, please specify the art form. For Talons, please specify your
form of combat. For Comets, what group did you serve?

Likewise, please be sure to enclose proof that the award had been awarded.
Usually, this is your OP entry. A signed court report, written confirmation
from the Crown who originally bestowed it, or written confirmation from the
Baron or Baroness who may have presided over that court when it was
originally bestowed may also suffice.

Turnaround time is generally between 4-6 weeks, though some circumstances
may cause delays.

And, of course, all of this information (as well as a more detailed listing
of charters eligible for replacement) is on the Scriptoris website, at
http://scribe.ansteorra.org/

(click on Contacts and Guilds --> Golden Scroll)

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. :o)

Take care,
-Deanna della Penna