[Ansteorra] Word Fame from Pennsic

Rixende de Rouen rixende at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 13:47:29 PDT 2007

Greetings Friends!

This came across another list that I am on, and I asked for permission to
forward it on here. I would love to return a name to Katarina of the kind
gentle who assisted her at Pennsic.

In Service,
Rixende

This was my first Pennsic with both knee braces. I can¹t tell you all
how many folks asked if I needed help carrying anything, if they could help
me get/fetch something for me, and if I was OK in general. (The braces
run from mid-thigh to mid-calf, and keep my arthritic knees happy. Those
suckers get hot, though!!) I was astounded, touched, and, the time I was
carrying 20 pounds of ice back to camp, profoundly grateful for the offered
help.

And, although nobody believes it, the braces actually help me be more
mobile, as they add stability, and keep all the knee bones where they
belong! So although they look horrific, they are a Good Thing. If you¹re one
of the folks I thanked, and waved off,
know that your offer was appreciated. :-) And if the kind gentleman from
Ansteorra who is an apprentice and squire is here, bless you again for
helping me carry that ice back. You are my hero!!

--
Honorable Lady Rixende de Rouen, CIM, CSM
Central Region Rapier Marshal