[Ansteorra] POST-PENNSIC SCA Asian Persona Survey Update

Andrew Benton spearweasel at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 14 07:28:32 PDT 2007

Greetings All Good Gentles,

  SCA Asian Persona Survey
  http://www.brassbricks.com/sca/east_asian_personae_main.htm

  This is the Post-Pennsic update about the SCA Asian Persona Survey. The  project has been successful thus far, thanks to the assistance of a  great many people. I have nearly a hundred names, and have made contact  with all but a handful of them. I suspect that this total is not even  half of the total that might be out there.

  Once again, I am gathering the names, locations, and contact  information from SCAdians playing personae that hail from Asia: China,  Japan, Korea, India, and the Mongol Empire.

  I have not been able to reach the Mongols, Chinese, Japanese, and  Indians residing within all of Ansteorra equally. Some have been  simplicity itself. Other regions remain silent and underrepresented. I  have a number of names in North and Central that I haven't heard from.

  As always, I ask that you pass this message along to other email lists  or communities that you think might be interested. I need your  continued help to bring us all together.

  Please contact me at your convenience at spearweasel at yahoo.com

  Your Humble Servant,

  Kamaitachi no Kansuke
  aka "Spearweasel"

If you were a poor Indian with no weapons, and a bunch of conquistadors came up to you and asked where the gold was, I don't think it would be a good idea to say, "I swallowed it. So sue me."

-Jack Handey