[Ansteorra] Class at Laurel's Prize for A&S Displays

Craig Shupee' philipwhite at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 23 16:34:26 PDT 2007

Greetings unto the participants and patrons of the arts in Ansteorra from Master Philip White! Laurel’s Prize Tourney will soon be upon us and I want to help enrich the day by encouraging everyone to participate in the arts activities.   I will be leading an open forum to discuss entering and judging arts and sciences venues. Beyond general talk about the arts, this environment will be a great chance for you to bring up any questions and concerns. We will meet in the A&S area about 9am for an hour. Time will depend on the event/display set up but we want to start off early so there is plenty of time to look at displays and spend time talking to other artists.   From this discussion we will have two results. First, I look forward to Tourney participants returning to their displays with more confidence. The meeting should help artists learn more from their experience and return home feeling like the day was worthwhile. It could be as simple as revamping a display. Or it could be helping an artist know what to talk to judges about and defining what their goals for displaying are that day. Second, I expect that those not displaying for the day take the opportunity to carefully examine what the Tourney participants have put out for us to study. Yes, I know the express intent of the event is a chance for Laurels to talk to artisans. And of course I would not want anyone to hamper that purpose. But really, everyone should participate in giving commentary as they can. Here is your chance to learn from an artisan who has their work on display. Like most artists they will likely talk to you endlessly! But maybe you also have something to share that could help that artist learn. So be a patron of the arts share your knowledge – and bring some largess too. So come. Talk. Listen. Share. Start your day out right and expect to have fun. Or finish waking up. Meet other artisans and have a good time.  I am already looking forward to returning and getting a chance to see everyone again. If you have any questions please contact me and I will be happy to answer. Your Servant to Command, ~p.w.