[Ansteorra] Norse lady dress

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 26 23:28:15 PDT 2007

Willow,

To my knowledge there is no evidence that they did so...
so no evidence that they didn't...

There is little evidence that "Norse" women even wore belts...
though much theory and supposition that they did and that they were cloth or tablet weaving (without brocading) because they did not seem to survive in the graves.

To me it would seem cumbersome to hang dangly things from a belt...
but, that's me. So my opinion would be... no...they didn't...

YIS

L DeerSlayer

"willowdewisp at juno.com" <willowdewisp at juno.com> wrote: I am having problems finding info. I know Norse ladies hung scissors and needle cases from their breast brooches but did they ever hang them off chatelaines on their belts? If so what did they look like?
willow