[Ansteorra] Gothic Wars

Donnchadh Beag mac Griogair donnchadh at cornelius.norman.ok.us
Wed Aug 29 09:12:39 PDT 2007

HE Kainin Tepesa wrote:
> Unto my northern cousins of Northkeep and Namron,
>
> Know that I hold neither of you any ill will for the
> decisions that you have made, though I fear you have
> fallen into the tempter's trap.
>
> I would ask you young cousins, who will stand by your
> side when the Bloody Baron decides that it is time for
> testing the security of your borderlands?
>
> In defense of what is right and just, even if it be
> alone,
> Kainin the Just
> Baron of Bonwicke
My dear cousin Kainin,

You persist in seeing an invasion when in truth we have no cravings for
your lands.  Our only concern is for the security of the borders.  For
what good is a strong Northern border if our foes can bypass it through
the West and strike deep into our fair Kingdom?  If your forces stand
ready and able, then you should embrace this test as a chance to show
off the might of the West.  The only reason to fear it, is if perchance
things are not what they should be.  I count you as a good friend, but I
cannot allow our friendship to suborn my duty to the security of our
Kingdom.

As to your other concern, I cannot see that our good cousin Armand has
any reason to test our borderlands.  But, should anyone decide to test
the borders of the North, they would quickly find themselves with no
easy task.  Our warriors train not only in their individual units, but
we come together regularly, as brothers in arms, to train as one mighty
Northern unit who's strength is much more than the sum of its parts.
This force is set and ready to defend our borders and our Kingdom.
Indeed, I have never heard concern that the North cannot hold fast under
an attack.

Who will stand by our side you ask?  We shall stand by each other's
side, and woe to the force who tries us!

In Service to Crown and Kingdom,
Donnchadh Beag mac Griogair
Baron of Namron