[Ansteorra] Fighter practice thanks

Sir Morgan Buchanan morganbuchanan at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 4 04:13:30 PST 2007

I wanted to add my thanks as well to everyone Count Gunthar mentioned,
because without all of those individuals and the terrific fighters who drove
many hours to fight, this wouldn't have been the success it was.
Additionally, while I may have had some hand in the organization, Centurion
Hrafn was every bit the driving force behind this as was I.

The ladies who brought food out, that was fantastic, and I wanted to be sure
to thank them outside of the blanket thanks.  I almost wish it had been
colder so I'd have enjoyed it even MORE!  :)

While this gathering only had about 50 people in full attendance, it kind of
felt to me what the SCA must have felt like long ago.  Someone had an idea
for doing something, and as they went along, more and more people simply up
and asked, "Hey, if you're going to be doing that, would you mind if we can
out and did something else at the same time?"

And as Gunthar said, a very special thanks to HL Roisin of Northshield,
Baron Roland of An Tir and Earl Duncan of late of the Outlands.  To put
themselves on an airplane and fly here just for a FIGHTER PRACTICE was so
very kind of them.  I'm glad we had enough people attend to give them all
the fighting they could handle.  Roisin is a regular at Gulf Wars, and I
believe you're likely to see her at Pennsic and even Estrella this coming
year, and we all know Duncan.  This was the farthest SCA trip that Roland
has ever taken, and I believe that we showed him the warm hospitality that
is the norm in Ansteorra.

Again, thanks.

Morgan